9.21.2011

ahhhhh, the studio is done

i am VERY grateful to have a
beautiful space where i can create
and (the most important component)
an area for the kids to play at the same time!!!
most cherished toys: swings and trapeze bar 
large work table for 
small watercolor painting 
and sketching
easel painting area
i've got a 48 x 48 incher waiting
(my goal is to have a sketch 
on this baby by the end of the week)
paints and
brushes ready to go
space to sit, research and reflect
computer, sewing machine
and inspiration wall
 a close-up of the inspiration wall
another glimpse
a view of the kids' side
 kids' table for clay and sketching
little reading corner
and another view of the kids' side
my favorite parts: 
the great light for painting and 
the gynormous ceiling
heading downstairs to the rest of the house
Poppy Chair adds a punch of color 
to the black and white stairs

i am thrilled to show to my studio
hope you enjoyed the tour!!!

8 comments:

pve design said...

ahhhh, kate, your studio is marvelous. My studio is nearly ready to reveal in the next month. I can hardly wait to really set up my space, to paint and to teach.
I like you painted all the while raising them....never doubting that it was as it should be. Mine are 18,18 and 12.
love and admire your work from afar.
pve

I Dream Of said...

Oh, I love seeing your work space -- how wonderful that everything has its place, kids included! I'm sure you'll be able to find lots of inspiration here. Thanks so much for sharing these lovely photos!

molly lubs tompkins said...

just discovered your beautiful artwork and blog! your work space is awesome. and your kiddies are so lucky to have an inspiring place like that to play in.

Manding. said...

omg how wonderful. it's a dream ! it's a blessing to have your work serve as your interior design !

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

OMG...what an incredibly gorgeous space! It oozes creativity. Color me jealous!

SUNDAY COLLECTOR said...

Wow! What a great space, it looks huge - lucky thing!

Ivy Clad said...

I love your studio! It looks so light & airy. I especially like the high ceilings & exposed rafters.
-Keri

Ivy Clad said...

I love your studio! It looks so light & airy. I especially like the high ceilings & exposed rafters.
-Keri